Friday, December 14, 2012

Butterfly

  
Butterfly:

To create my butterfly I started by putting a black box to cover the canvas to be the outer edge of the frame. Then I made a maroon box to cover the black box but left a little bit of space to show the black. The maroon box has a bevel to show depth of the frame. Next I made the sky and grass. I did this by putting a light blue box over the maroon box with a gradient of radial. Then I made a rectangle to cover about a fourth of the sky to make the grass, I added a texture of grass so it looks more like grass. I made the sun by using the ellipse tool to make a circle and I changed the color to yellow and added a gradient of ellipse and changed the center to orange, then I added a glow to make it look like heat rays from the sun. Next I made my flower by using the ellipse tool to make a circle for my sun flower, then I made the center brown and added a texture of small dots to look like the center or a sun flower. Then using the ellipse tool again I made an oval and filled it yellow, then using the sub-select tool I stretched the top of the oval to make a point. I copied and pasted a bunch of pedals around the center of the flower to make a whole flower. Finally I made my butterfly. I started with the body and I made an oval with the ellipse tool, then used the sub-select tool to stretch the bottom of the oval to a point. Next I started with a large circle and used the reshape area tool to make the circle look like a large wing. I added a gradient of folds and made the color black and green. I copied the wing I made and I right clicked on the copied wing and went to transform and I flipped the wing horizontally and placed it on the opposite side of the butterfly. I then made a smaller circle and used the reshape area tool to make a smaller wing. I used a gradient of radial with a green and black color. Then to make another wing I did the same as when I made a copy of the large wing. I made two small dots on each small wing to add more design to the butterfly. I also made antennas by making two lines at the top of the head and used the free form tool to arch the antennas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment