Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Cornucopia_2012


  • To start my cornucopia I started with smaller circles and made them larger and put a circle that is a little bit smaller than the largest circle inside the largest circle to make the cornucopia look hollow. Then I started on my fruit and vegetables. 
  • First I started with corn, to make the corn I made small circles and copied a bunch of them then grouped them together to make look like corn kernels, after this i make two large green ovals to look like leaves and used the scale tool to turn the leaves to fit the corn.  
  • Next I made the grapes, I did the same process as the corn except changed the color of them, grouped them like grapes, and added an ellipse gradient to make the grapes look shiny. 
  • For my flowers I made a circle and made it have a brown color like a sun flower has and I made a small oval to make a petal and made copies of that petal and used the scale tool to rotate each petal around the circle to make a flower. I then grouped all of the pedals and the circle together so the flower becomes one whole figure and i made copies of the whole flower and used the scale tool to make different sizes of the flower.
  • To make a carrot I made an oval and used the sub-select tool to stretch the bottom of the carrot to make a point. I then made 3 small ovals and gave them a green  color to make them look like leaves.
  • I made an apple by making a circle and added an oval for a leaf and made the apple red and the leaf green.I did the same for my orange except added a fold gradient and changed the color of the orange to green.
  • For the eggplant I made two ovals but one oval is bigger and wider than the other to make the bottom, I put the small oval on top of the big oval and took the stroke off the ovals to make it look like one object. 
  • The leaf I made was a picture used from the internet, I copied the image and put the image on a new canvas and traced the leaf and filled it with with a red and orange color to make it look like Autumn leaves.  
  •  My pumpkins and squash are all the same shapes, I started with 5 circles and arranged them so that they look like pieces of a pumpkin or squash. I put a black steam on one pumpkin and squash and put a green steam on one of my pumpkins.
  •  I made my potato by making a brown oval and put a parchment texture.

  

1 comment: